School of Engineering Board of Governors
The Board of Governors guides the strategic direction of the School of Engineering and assists it in accomplishing its mission. The Board utilizes its influence, both internally within the University and externally, to promote and support the engineering programs at the University of St. Thomas and to enhance the value of the engineering profession as viewed by society. Board membership consists of prominent academic, industry and public sector leaders.
The Board of Governors performs the following functions:
- Promotes the University of St. Thomas reputation as an outstanding School of Engineering. Facilitates the acquisition of the resources necessary to develop and maintain a world-class engineering program at University of St. Thomas.
- Provides guidance in the formation of an engineering education responsive to the demands of contemporary society that advocates ethical and principled behavior.
- Guides the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering in dealing with critical contemporary issues.
- Creates a forum for critical thought, analysis and knowledge on ethical, resource sustaining engineering in a societal context.
- Attracts additional Board of Governors members who can leverage achievement of the Board's objectives.
Members of the Board
School of Engineering Board of Governors Chairman - CEO MTS (Retired)
Associate Dean - School of Engineering, University of St. Thomas
Partner, Clotho and Associates
MacPhail Center for Music
President/CEO, Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc.
President and CEO - Amono McGann, Inc.
CEO, Nextern Medical
Lead Data Scientist, Engineering - Thermo King
CEO, PMT Corp
VP Corporate Research Lab,
Krueger Consulting, LLC
Founder and Partner, Sherpa Partners - Field Solutions, Inc
CEO, Third Wave Systems
VP (Retired) - 3M
President, Closure & Masking Systems Division - 3M
President, Mate Precision Tooling
SVP & President, Neuromodulation - Medtronic
Co-founder, Mill City Capital
VP, Strategy and Planning - Minnesota Power
President & COO - Oak Hill Capital
President and CEO, Mocon-Ametek
VP of Technology, Lube-Tech
Chief Technology Officer, Caring Bridge
CEO - Act 3, LLC
Dean - School of Engineering, University of St. Thomas
Operating Principal & CTO, Global Infrastructure Partners